Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hello depends....

So turns out my knee is still acting up. When I stretch it out and warm it up it does fine. Its just the 1.5 miles of massive pain before it gets warmed up that is bothering me. So I decided to take the running down a notch for a few days to give the knee a chance to mend. Its been about a week. Now, I have continued to run a little but not nearly as much and I have also tried lower impact stuff like riding the bike and the elliptical. That's all fine. But I am also stubborn and I want to run. I feel like running works the best for me. So I need for the knee to corporate, like now. It hurts all freggin day long, until I have done something to warm it up, then as soon as I am done excising the pain comes back full force. Awesome. So today at the gym I talked to one of the trainer ladies and she said if its a joint issue then make sure you have good shoes, insoles, blah blah blah all that crap that I already know. Then she said and maybe think about taking a joint supplement that has Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Really? I'm not even 24 yet, don't only old people take joint supplements? Apparently I've got the bad joints. Awesome. I'll be sure to pick up some Fiber One and Depends on the same trip.

On a more Positive Pam note. I think I lost 2lbs! Although I weighed myself at the 12th street Golds, and not at the new one like I did before. But I don't care if the scales are off, just another reason I like 12th street more! Also I'm doing the cycling class again. Twice a week. Its been about 1.5 years since doing this class and the first 5 min. in I thought I was going to die, and the only reason I didn't leave was I was in the corner and I kept thinking ' If I leave not only will I have to clean off the bike, but I will have to walk through all these people staring at me for leaving' So I stayed. And let me tell you. I love that class. It kicks your ass but it is freggin awesome. I have some pain the the ass (literally) from the seat but everyone should try this class. Best. Class. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment