Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Worst. Weekend.Ever

So I guess I shouldnt say ever, cause there were some good parts. But look. I was sick, real sick. I thought I had the swine. (really) Turns out just the regular old flu, its been a few years since I've had the flu so I forgot how HORRIBLE it is. It all started Friday when I was running around like a crazy person because I had to pretty much go straight from work to Jess's so we could go to a wedding reception. I didnt eat that night till about 930, which is no bueno anyway cause I get headaches and the nausea. So whilst eating my leftover pasta from Roosters, I thought the reason I wasnt feeling that great was that I had waited to long to eat. On to Saturday, pretty much the same thing, didnt eat when I was hungry so I thought I was feeling crappy cause of that. (not to mention I was second job hunting, which didnt go so well) But then dear old Mark came to my rescue and we went to dinner. Afterwards we wanted to go to the Fun-zone and go mini-golfing. (Its that Frogs place over by the the freeway it has everything) Well lets just say Celina ruined the fun-zone. 3min in and I was quite vomitous. So we left, and I barely made it to my own bathroom before the night really got fun. Sunday rolled along, and I was feeling a little better but still not 100% so I decided to take Monday off so I didnt give anyone else the swine. Monday morning was okay, but by mid-afternoon I was good. I was even going to mow the lawn but it still wont work. (a whole other story, Im pretty upset about it) Then to what did my little heart crave for dinner?? Meatloaf. Dont ask me why, I just wanted meatloaf, so I made it. It was heavenly... Till 25 min later that I was in the bathroom again....All night... worse then any of the other nights. Not eating meatloaf ever again. I felt like I had a hangover cause I just laid on the bathroom floor trying to get some zzz's cause whenever I left I had to go right back in. Awesome. Now, I didnt feel sore, or feverish, so I kept thinking WTF is wrong with me? I dont feel sick, till I eat. Jessica and Katie both came to the same conclusion....'Oh your prego'.... Sorry ladies, no I am not. Jess told me to prove it, and if I had felt up to it I was going to take home prego test to prove it. But why waste like 20 bucks. So Tuesday I rolled off the couch ( I had ventured there on my way back from the taking the bathroom trash out for a 2nd time, guess why I was vomiting in the trash) And went to the doctor. Who told me, " You have the flu, had you not eaten last night, you probably would have been fine, now you have to start over." Oh great. I didnt read the fine print that comes with flu's that says to not eat for 3 days thanks. So all I 'ate' was coke (for bubbles), water, and chicken broth (again dear sweet Mark brought me that, although he got me the wrong Jell-O I had no idea the snack packs of Jell-O could be so sick, and NOT strawberry dear, NOT strawberry. You have to get the sugar free citrus kinds, with only 10 calories per cup they are yummy....But he tried so I didnt say anything)
Today I am back at work feeling okay. Still drowsy from the anti-nausea pills they gave me, and was aloud to eat rice!! So on my lunch I went to the nearest fast chinese place and got only rice and egg-drop soup. I have never wanted real food so badly in my life. And now my stomach is grumbing at me again. Its not hurting, but its chattin it up with me. Great. I will never be able to eat anything again. Oh and just so we're all clear, I vomited everything I ate for 3 days, and havent really eaten since, and I still havent lost any weight. Just another bonus tid-bit.
On a lighter and not so gross note: Mark and I went and saw 'Angels and Demons' on Sunday it was pretty good, I liked it much better than 'The DeVinci Code' I think because I stopped reading Angels and Demons around page 40 to see the movie. I had read The DeVinci code and it was fresh on my mind when the movie came out so I loathe that movie. The parts they left out were like the most important parts. So I didnt read this book so I could watch the movie and not hate when they left parts out, which the first 15 min did piss me off, so there you go. I would have hated it. I am now going to read the rest, and fill in all the blanks they left out. But good movie I recommend it. This Friday, watch out people 'TERMINATOR!!!' So excited. Can you tell.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were sick... something real charming is going around

    ReplyDelete